Halloween is coming up soon ,Kids, and with it comes 5-pound bags of snickers, the right to scare small children, and a slew of Halloween parties to be invited to. What to wear, what to wear? You could be a slutty nurse/pirate/bar wench/fairy/fighter pilot or you could hound Pinterest for something that doesn’t make it look like you have a corner you work every night. But finding the right costume could take hours, days even. In this social media world, who has time for that kind of costume hunt when someone could be posting a picture of their sonogram, or something else just as revolting, for you to spend your time judging?
That was my problem at least.
So I pulled myself away from Facebook for
a few minutes a few hours and searched for random words followed by “costume” on Google (“blanket costume,” “hat costume,” ” when I found a picture of a couple wearing a costume that made them look like either side of a PB&J sandwich. And that’s when it hit me – wouldn’t it be great if someone went as half a couple costume? So, with that, I give you 5 couples costumes to wear alone.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly: There may be no other half to your PBJ but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a delicious time. Pick a side, any side, and perhaps you’ll run into your other half at this party. At the very least, you can casually watch others try to find the person you came with.
- Horse Costume: Yeah, what’s not to love about this? It has an immediate statement
of “I’m single but look at all the fucks I give.” You could go the pseudo-“American Horror Story” route and just wear the horse head or you could go with the more aerated route by just wearing the suspenders attached to the back-end of the horse (just be aware of all the jokes that may come with this end).
- Plug and Socket: Wear the plug costume by itself just for the more phallic of the options. Just remember: Phallic is Fun. And imagine the pick-up lines: “Hey Guy, who is bigger? You or me?”
- Finn and Princess Bubblegum: This one might not be the most classic but I find it nice because you could potentially wear both costumes in one night. Just bring clothes for a costume change. If you are feeling especially cool you could also switch back and forth between the two characters – when you are Finn ask people if they have seen Princess Bubblegum and vice versa. A lot of creativity could be had here, Folks.
- Jessica Rabbit and Roger Rabbit: Living up to the dressing sexy on Halloween, you can dress up as the voluptuous Jessica Rabbit looking to exact revenge on the scoundrel Mr. Rabbit that left her at that party alone (I love a good role-playing scenario). Get into it. You might find someone willing to “ease your pain.”